Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's time to admit...

... that I'm not coping with my own weight loss regiment at home, I need to go back to WW meetings for the motivation and support. I thought I could go it alone but there are a few reasons why I should go back. Two of them are a) I have been self-sabotaging and not limiting my treats b) hubby has been a sabotage as well. Sorry boy, you know it's true though :-(

So back to the meeting on Thursday night, not the most convenient day of the week but I've got to do this or I'll never get this excess weight off otherwise.

I have no idea how much I weigh either!! I get the feeling that I'm still around the 80kg mark or possibly less, I don't think my clothes feel any tighter so that's a good sign. They were starting to feel really loose (yay!!), even my size 12 jeans were getting baggy around the bum. They still feel baggy so maybe I've just been maintaining the weight I got down to a few months back.

In a way it's shameful to admit that I still weigh whatever it is that I weigh now. I first joined WW back in 2000 and got down to 80kg when I stopped going. So for the last 7 years I have been yoyoing between 80kg and 89kg, dropping out of WW and joining up again. That can't be good for my health. But I made a discovery a few days ago while watching a WW DVD... I am scared that I can't lose any more weight and I have believed for a long time now that I am destined to be 80kg for the rest of my life.

Says who???

Surely I can get to my ultimate goal weight? I have been so close to the finish line once before, why can't I get there? I know what my belief is. I believe that because I have stored this fat on my body for so long, it is going to be near impossible to shed it. That can't be true can it? I'll have to find out more, possibly speak to a qualified fitness guru or something.

2 comments:

FeistyKel said...

:( PCOS makes it SO hard. Are you on metformin at all? It helps. Hang in there, plug away honey.

BJ said...

Thanks Kel xo I am trying a new product recommended by my naturopath that is considered to be a more natural form of Metformin. Because of my medical history I can't take the real Metformin so I've just started giving this stuff a go.