Friday, August 24, 2007

Struggling, bitterness

I have found it very difficult these last few days to remain hopeful and positive... it's so hard to witness other women falling pregnant and then gloat about all the excitement of a baby and changes they are experiencing in their bodies.

It has now been a year since the second miscarriage and I honestly thought I'd be pregnant again by now. I had hopes for 3 or 4 children before 35 but I'll be lucky if I get to have one and I certainly don't want to be having them later than that.

Why is it so easy for the women who weren't planning or didn't want to have children? Or worse, the drug addicts and alcoholics?? Something should be done about those women, I'm not afraid to say it. I think society has no backbone when it comes to the junkies spawning offspring, the government will throw every bit of assistance at them just to keep mother and child together, the mother will just take the money and spend it on her next fix while her baby screams for love or food or a warm piece of clothing. How about taking these children off these hopeless, careless people and giving the innocent young ones a chance at a good life?

And yet the women who take care of themselves, who try so hard to achieve motherhood, they are the ones who must pay out thousands of dollars (Mr Costello? How about making it easier for us to have "one for mum, one for dad and one for your country"??) just for the privilege of a chance at motherhood.

I am going to ask about some counselling because I just become so angry about these issues and I have some moments of absolute despair at the injustice of it all. Hopefully this time I can be referred to a counsellor who ISN'T pregnant.

No comments: