Sunday, July 22, 2007

Welcome

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope I don't bore you ;-) Actually the reason you're here is most likely because you are a fellow PCOS sufferer (or Cyster, as we affectionately refer to each other) or you are familiar with the trauma of miscarriage or the stress of trying to conceive a baby.

As my timeline says, I was diagnosed with PCOS in March 2004 and it suddenly explained why I had all these horrible symptoms that I thought were just my lot in life, that I had just inherited it from my mother. Well, it may be something I've inherited but I don't know that for sure... long story but in a nutshell, I am adopted and my adoptive mother has many of the symptoms that I have but she had a full hysterectomy when I was a toddler.

Since September 2005 I have been trying to conceive (TTC) and have had two failed pregnancies, both while using Clomid because I wasn't ovulating. Oddly, since stopping Clomid I have had fairly regular cycles and I'm 99.5% certain that I'm ovulating - all the symptoms are there, I'm just 0.5% unsure because unless I have a blood test to confirm it then I can't be completely confident. I am positive though that I can contribute the restored ovulation to weight loss.

So, now that my body appears to be doing what it is meant to do, I intend to focus more on my weight loss so that I can be as prepared as possible for pregnancy. I have been slack, stopped going to Weight Watchers when I got down to 76.5kg so goodness knows where I am right now. I have had terrible cravings and binges on sweet things over recent weeks so I know I need to get that under control and get back on track. I've decided to go back to my naturopath and try losing weight with herbal medicines and I also want to alter my diet a bit and not eat so much dairy or meat.



I hope you will stay with me on this journey.

xo Belinda

No comments: