Sunday, July 22, 2007

So where am I at right now?

Waiting to see my gyno on 15th August. After my pelvic u/s on 5th July and being diagnosed with a "bicornuate uterus" I am anxious to see Dr B because I truly don't believe that the sonographer is right!

In the last 3-ish years I have had at least 4 pelvic u/s and 2 D&C's, and on NONE of these occasions was I ever told I had a bicornuate uterus. You would think that something like this couldn't be missed? A few days after the u/s I rang my gyno's office and spoke to the clinic nurse, she looked at my records and said she couldn't find any mention of a bicornuate uterus. So if the sonographer's diagnosis is wrong, I'll be really cranky and I'll be making a complaint.

(From what I've learnt, it is very common for a bicornuate uterus to be misdiagnosed, so if ever you are diagnosed with it I would urge you to seek a second opinion or at least ask lots of questions while having your ultrasound done and ask the sonographer to show you exactly how he/she came to this conclusion. Then after that, SEEK A SECOND OPINION! Or ask your gyno why this wasn't picked up during past examinations.)

Waiting to hear back from my naturopath so that I can get started on the herbal medicine (ick! Poison!!) to assist with weight loss. I have quite a physically demanding job on the farm so I get the majority of my exercise from that but I ought to start doing more walking, especially at this time of year when there are NO FLIES!!!!

No comments: